Avocado Chicken Salad is a high protein salad packed with flavor! Bacon, chicken and avocados are tossed with a creamy mayonnaise dressing and the perfect kick of spice for a quick and tasty lunch or dinner.
Want more easy low carb salad recipes? Our no sugar Chicken Bacon Ranch Salad is another recipe that combines these two favorite proteins. For a light refreshing side dish, this Watermelon Feta Salad is perfection.
Why This Chicken Salad is Best
Just about everyone likes chicken salad. But not all chicken salad recipes are created equal! Your ordinary chicken salad—the ones you find at the office potluck or in the grocery store deli aisle—aren’t exactly what I’d describe as an exciting lunch option.
This Avocado Chicken Salad recipe is not your average chicken salad!
- Avocado and crispy bacon give this salad tons of satisfying flavor.
- Double the protein of traditional recipes.
- You’ll love the zesty bite of red onion and hot sauce.
- A perfect combination of crunchy and cream textures.
- No added sugars or flours!
- Ready in 15 minutes or less.
Making keto Avocado Chicken Salad is as easy as can be. Simply toss all the ingredients together in a bowl and serve!
- Shredded chicken – A great use for leftover cooked chicken or Rotisserie chicken from the grocery store.
- Cooked bacon – Make sure to choose a bacon with no added sugars. Use our tips and tricks on how to make oven cooked bacon.
- Avocado – Adds good-for-you fats that make this salad even more satisfying. I like to add it right before serving so it stays cubed and doesn’t get blended with the rest of the ingredients.
- Red onion – The distinct sharp taste and crunch are a perfect complement to the creamy dressing and savory proteins.
- Mayonnaise – Always use real mayo with no added sugars or fillers, not miracle whip or other “spreads.”
- Lime juice – To elevate and brighten up the flavors.
- Hot sauce – Again, make sure to use a brand with no added sugar or flour. I use a few drops to add some heat to the dressing, but you’re welcome to use more or less depending on how spicy you like it.
The hardest part is cooking the bacon and chicken but even that only takes a few minutes. You can even cook the chicken the night before and keep it chilled in the fridge to use in your lunchtime salad the next day.
There are so many delicious ways to enjoy this salad!
Serve it over a bed of spring mix or arugula leaves for a light lunch that’s packed with your daily dose of greens. It’s also perfect for wrapping in butter lettuce leaves or bibbs for a keto lettuce wrap you can heat with your hands.
The beauty of salad recipes is that they’re so easy to customize based on what you like or what you have available.
Black beans are another delicious addition to this salad for even more protein and fiber. I also love adding sweet corn to the mix. A half cup of either corn or beans is just the right amount to add variety without throwing off the dressing ratios.
Add one seeded and diced jalapeño pepper to the salad if you want more heat! Or increase the amount of hot sauce to taste.
For best texture and freshness, Avocado Chicken Salad with bacon is best enjoyed immediately after assembly. You can make it up to a few hours ahead of time and keep it chilled until serving, but the bacon will lose some of its crispiness.
Yes, turkey bacon or other lower-fat bacon varieties can be used. Just remember to check the ingredients labels because some brands contain additional sugars.
More Low Carb Recipes
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded chicken (cooked)
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, snipped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 drops hot sauce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lime, juiced
- In a bowl, combine bacon, chicken, avocado, onion, cilantro, garlic salt, pepper, and hot sauce.
- Mix in mayonnaise and lime juice, blending everything to desired consistency. Serve and enjoy.
- Serve with spring mix or arugula to make a salad. Or enjoy with a fork! Can also be served on lettuce wraps, bibb or butter lettuce is best for this option. Also delicious with chaffles!
- For a chunkier salad, add avocado last so it remains cubed, not blended.
- Additions- can add 1/2 cup corn to mixture, and/or 1/2 cup black beans.
- For a spicier salad, add 1 seeded and diced jalapeno!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 280Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 460mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 5gSugar: 1gProtein: 15g
Shake up your lunch routine with a salad that’s filling, nourishing and bursting with fresh flavor! Keto Avocado Chicken Salad is a quick, easy and delicious way to stay on track to meet your wellness goals!