Keto Crack Chicken Casserole is an easy meal that’s packed with flavor! Seasoned with ranch and baked to perfection, this cheesy chicken dinner takes just 30 minutes to make.
Cutting back on carbs and sugar doesn’t have to mean missing out on flavor. This Jalapeno Chicken Casserole is proof! Love casseroles? Our Keto Enchilada Casserole is always a hit.
Why this Recipe is Best
Today’s recipe offers another take on baked chicken that’s flavorful, satisfying and so easy to make.
- Homemade Ranch seasoning – This dry ranch seasoning mix has even more zesty herb flavor than store bought packets but none of the added sugar.
- One pan chicken recipe – Everything is cooked in one dish, for easy preparation and easier clean up!
- Cheesy bacon topping – The combo of juicy chicken with smoky bacon and bubbly cheese makes this Crack Chicken irresistible.
- 30 minute meal – Get a fresh hot dinner on the table even on busy weeknights.
- Keto approved – With very few net carbs and plenty of protein, this dinner satisfies any appetite while keeping you on track to your wellness goals.
Try our low carb, oven baked coconut chicken next for another flavorful dinner. Serve it up with some easy roasted radishes.
You’re just six ingredients away (plus S&P) to make our easy crack chicken recipe!
- Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix – Our dry ranch seasoning mixture includes dried buttermilk, garlic and onion powder along with dried herbs for perfect Ranch flavor.
- Chicken Breast – Use boneless, skinless breasts that have been pounded to even thickness. Boneless chicken thighs or tenderloins are delicious alternatives too.
- Sugar Free Bacon – Many varieties of bacon are cured with sugar, so double check the package to keep your Crack Chicken sugar free. You’ll cook the bacon and crumble it before sprinkling it over the chicken.
- Cheddar cheese- We shred the cheese over the chicken before baking so it gets melty and bubbly in the oven. If you prefer, shredded mozzarella tastes great in Crack Chicken too.
- Cream cheese – The basis for the creamy Ranch sauce. Make sure to use regular cream cheese (in blocks) for best results, not cream cheese spread from a tub.
- Green Onions- add to casserole and as a garnish!
Mix together the sauce ingredients in a bowl with half of the cheese and bacon crumbles. Now place chicken breasts in a baking dish and spread the cream cheese mixture on top.
Top the chicken with the rest of the shredded cheese. Cover the pan with foil and bake the dish for 20 minutes. Take the foil off and bake for another 10 minutes. The top of the crack chicken should be browned and bubbly.
Sprinkle the rest of the cooked bacon over the baked chicken, along with chopped green onions and more shredded cheese. Serve hot!
- This hearty dish pairs perfectly with a side of Cauliflower Rice or Cauliflower Mash.
- I also like to serve Keto Crack Chicken with some kind of vegetable or green salad. Since the chicken itself is on the heavier side, a salad of mixed greens topped with a sugar free ranch dressing are a perfect fresh accompaniment.
- These Roasted Radishes and these Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetables are two more healthy side dishes you’ll enjoy with any meal!
Yes, you can use store bought Ranch packets in this recipe. However, they do contain maltodextrin (a processed flour) so it’s better to make your own if you’re trying to avoid added sugars and flours.
Leftover Keto Crack Chicken should be stored covered in the refrigerator and enjoyed within 3 days.
Warm up leftovers in the microwave or oven until heated through. When using a microwave, we recommend heating it in 30 second spurts to avoid overcooking the chicken.
Yes, this crack chicken recipe is freezer friendly. Transfer cooled leftovers to a freezer safe container and keep frozen for up to 6 months.
More Low Carb Dinner Recipes
- Chaffle Sandwich
- Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- Broccoli Buddha Bowl
- Crustless Pizza Casserole
- Sausage and Pepper Casserole
- Swedish Meatballs
Crack Chicken Casserole
Keto Crack Chicken casserole is an easy meal that's packed with flavor! Seasoned with ranch and baked to perfection, this cheesy chicken dinner takes just 30 minutes to make.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 12 ounces cream cheese, cut into large chunks
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 slices sugar free bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 Tablespoons homemade dry ranch seasoning
- Non stick cooking spray
- 2 Tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 slice, crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF and spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Place the chicken in a single layer in the baking dish and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, dry ranch seasoning, half the shredded cheddar cheese and half the crumbled bacon.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the chicken breast and top it with the remaining shredded cheddar cheese.
- Cover with foil and cook in the oven for 20 minutes. Uncover and cook for additional 10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown and the chicken is cooked through (internal temperature is 165 degrees).
- Remove from the oven and top with the remaining bacon, cheese, and green onions. Enjoy!
- Chicken breast - you can also use chicken tenders.
- Cheddar cheese - shredded mozzarella can be substituted for the cheddar cheese.
- You can use store bought ranch seasoning packets but note that they contain maltodextrin so it’s better to be avoided and make your own ranch mix in bulk following our favorite dry ranch dressing mix.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 488Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 152mgSodium: 1535mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 37g
Can’t decide what to make for dinner? This Keto Crack Chicken casserole is a cheesy, bacon-topped meal that’s ready to eat in just 30 minutes!
Tuesday 15th of February 2022
Such a huge hit at my house! Really amazing!