Add a side of refreshing Cucumber Tomato Salad to your summer menu. Full of fresh flavor and nourishing vegetables, this easy salad gets a boost of protein from feta cheese. Toss it together for an instant side dish!
When the weather gets warmer, we start craving fresh salads. Especially fresh salads featuring seasonal produce at its peak! Our Antipasto Salad is a family favorite!
Why this Recipe Works
- No marinating. Some cucumber salads require extra time to let the dressing marinate. This salad can be served right away.
- FAST and easy. The hardest part is chopping the veggies!
- Versatile. You can adjust the proportions based on what ingredients you like. Or add a sprinkle of fresh herbs for more flavor.
- Tasty feta. You’ll love the tangy cheese flavor with the juicy tomatoes.
- Goes with everything. Cucumber Tomato Salad is delicious paired with just about every main dish I can imagine. Especially our Balsamic Chicken!
Can’t figure out what side salad to serve with dinner tonight? You can’t go wrong with this easy Cucumber Tomato Salad recipe!
Here’s everything you need to make the best cucumber salad with tomatoes.
- Vine ripened tomatoes. The fresher the better!
- Cucumber. We leave the peels on, but if you prefer, you can peel them first.
- Red onion. We used about 1/3 of a red onion for a little bite.
- Feta cheese. Goat cheese would be delicious here too.
- Olive oil.
- Kosher salt. We test all our recipes with kosher salt, which is coarser than regular table salt with a purer flavor. If using table salt, we recommend adding to taste so you don’t end up over salting the cucumber tomato salad.
- Black pepper. Freshly ground black pepper is best.
Tips and Tricks
Making Cucumber Tomato Salad from scratch is as easy as tossing the ingredients in a bowl.
- How to chop red onion. For this recipe, we like chopping the red onion into half moon shapes (instead of dicing). This gives the salad a wonderful mixture of textures–with the red onion slices adding extra crunch.
- Adding herbs. Chopped parsley, basil and cilantro are all delicious additions to this fresh cucumber tomato salad recipe. Basil enhances the Italian and Mediterranean flavors especially well.
- Proportions. If you prefer more of one vegetable over another, feel free to adjust the amounts of each. It’s impossible to go wrong with this salad!
- Serving suggestions. Enjoy cucumber tomato salad as a side dish or toss in some chopped grilled chicken or use on our bruschetta salmon for a refreshing light lunch.
I recommend serving this salad right away for best freshness! It only takes a minute or so to toss together, so you can get this on the table even when you’re crunched for time.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Enjoy within 24 hours.
No peeling is necessary to make this salad. You’re welcome to peel the cucumbers if you prefer. It’s entirely up to you.
Yes, you can certainly use other kinds of tomatoes here! I find tomatoes that are ripened on the vine (and sold on the vine at the store) tend to be juicier and more flavorful. But go ahead and use whatever fresh tomatoes you have available. The salad will still be delicious.
More No Sugar No Flour Recipes
- 4 Vine-Ripe Tomatoes
- 1 Small Cucumber
- ⅓ Red Onion
- ⅓ Cup Feta
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- Slice the tomatoes into bite sized wedges. Slice the cucumber into quarter-inch thick slices, and slice the red onion into thin half moons.
- Place all the veggies in the bowl, followed by the rest of the ingredients and toss to coat thoroughly. Enjoy!
- If you like more of one vegetable over the other, by all means, adjust the portions to your preferences. That’s the great thing about salads, they’re just about impossible to ruin.
- Add fresh herbs, if desired. Chopped dill, parsley, basil, and cilantro are all delicious options.
- Do not worry about the vegetable amounts. It's just a guide to making this delicious salad.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 123Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 257mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 2g
Garden fresh flavor packed into a quick and easy salad recipe! This Cucumber Tomato Salad is the best way to complete your spring and summer meals.