This Chocolate Zucchini Bread is moist, fudgy and sweet enough to serve as a dessert! You won’t miss the sugar in this easy, grain-free, sugar-free recipe.
Why This Zucchini Bread Is Best
Warning: One bite of this sugar free chocolate zucchini bread will ruin all other zucchini bread for you. While other “healthy” zucchini breads are often dry, crumbly and lacking in flavor, this one is fudgy, rich and perfectly sweet.
- The taste and consistency are just like the best brownies.
- All natural ingredients.
- Cocoa powder AND chocolate chips for double chocolate flavor!
- The flavor is so rich no one will suspect their are veggies hiding inside.
If you love easy breads, be sure to try our sugar free banana bread too!
- Zucchini. Shredded zucchini makes bread ultra moist and soft. You can use fresh zucchini or frozen thawed zucchini.
- Brewed coffee. Adding a couple tablespoons to the batter enhances the taste of the chocolate here. You won’t taste the coffee, just the complex, bold cocoa flavor!
- Sweetener. We suggest using granulated monk fruit here. It tastes almost identical to sugar in baked goods without the after taste of artificial sweeteners.
- Grain free flour. A combination of almond flour and coconut flour mimics the consistency of traditional gluten flours.
- Chocolate. A high quality cocoa powder gives the bread chocolatey flavor in every bite. Sugar free chocolate chips add even more decadence!
Tips and Tricks
- Coat your baking pan with melted butter. Gluten free zucchini loaves like this one have even more of a tendency to stick than other loaves, so this step is extra important!
- If the batter looks dry after you combine the zucchini with the wet ingredients, don’t worry. Let it sit for about 10 minutes before proceeding to give the zucchini more time to release its moisture.
- Do not overbake. The inside of this bread will still be soft when the bread is done baking. If you stick a toothpick in the center, it will not come out “clean” since this is such a fudgy bread! Treat it like brownies and bake just until the edges are set.
- Let keto chocolate zucchini bread cool completely before slicing. It will fall apart if you try to cut into it while it’s warm.
- Serve with a cup of hot or iced coffee or tea! It’s delicious with a big glass of milk, too.
If you are using fresh zucchini there is no need to squeeze out the water. The liquid from the zucchini is what makes this bread so moist and soft, even days after baking. If you are using thawed zucchini that was frozen, I DO recommend squeezing out some of the water. Thawing releases more moisture from zucchini which can make the bread batter too watery. To drain the zucchini, place it in a colander over the sink and give it a good squeeze with paper towels.
If you don’t have coffee, you can add water to the batter instead. The chocolate flavor won’t be quite as bold without the presence of the coffee but the bread will still taste wonderful!
Store your loaf of sugar free Chocolate Zucchini Bread in an airtight container at room temperature. It stays moist and delicious for several days.
I prefer the semi-sweet variety of sugar free chocolate chips in this bread. You are welcome to make it with milk chocolate morsels or dark chocolate morsels too. It all depends on your flavor preference!
The fabulous thing about zucchini bread is that you probably wouldn’t guess it had zucchini inside, if someone hadn’t told you! This loaf in particular tastes like a rich chocolate cake or fudgy brownie, not at all like vegetables.
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Egg Bites
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Muffins
- Zucchini Egg Nests
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 2 3/4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup granulated monk fruit sweetener
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup sugar free chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch loaf pan with melted butter (line bottom with parchment paper too, if desired). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add vanilla, apple cider vinegar, coconut oil, and coffee. Whisk to combine. Add in shredded zucchini and stir to combine. If batter is dry, allow to sit for about ten minutes, allowing the zucchini to release moisture.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, granulated monk fruit, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder.
- Add dry ingredients to zucchini mixture. Fol in 1/2 cup of sugar free chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into prepared baking pan. Sprinkle top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, until the edges are slightly firm. Toothpick may reveal batter as this is a very fudgy bread.
- Allow bread to cool completely. Remove from pan and enjoy.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 361Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 225mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 7gSugar: 4gProtein: 12g
Satisfy your chocolate cravings without adding unwanted sugar to your diet! This keto approved sugar free Chocolate Zucchini Bread is a decadent quick bread you’ll love for breakfast, dessert or just a sweet snack.