Almond Flour Brownies are the absolute best keto brownies! These thick, fudgy brownies taste so chocolatey and decadent, you won’t miss the gluten or the sugar.
We love desserts made with almond flour. It makes a perfect swap for white flour in everything from shortbread cookies to lemon bars.
Why these Brownies are Best
- Fudgy gluten free brownies! These are soft, moist and chewy, not cakey or crumbly like so many GF brownies tend to be.
- Double the chocolate. Adding both cocoa powder and real melted chocolate to the batter makes these gloriously chocolatey!
- No artificial sweeteners. We use all natural ingredients for best flavor.
- Keto approved. Enjoy the indulgent experience of biting into a perfect brownie, without wrecking your blood sugar levels.
Love sugar free desserts? Try our blueberry cake next. It’s topped with a lemon cream cheese frosting! Or give our sweet berry crumble bars a try.
- Granulated monk fruit is a naturally sourced calorie free sweetener. In its granulated form it acts just like regular white sugar in many recipes, including these brownies.
- Sugar free chocolate chips. I like Lily’s dark chocolate chips, but any brand of no added sugar chocolate can be used.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder is the source of most of the chocolate flavor in these brownies. Use a good quality cocoa if possible; it’s worth it for better brownies!
- Almond flour has a high protein content and mild flavor which makes it ideal for baking and cooking. Don’t confuse this finely ground flour with almond meal. They are not interchangeable and using almond meal won’t work in these brownies.
Tips and Tricks
- Sprinkle more chocolate chips over the tops of the brownies before baking for an extra chocolatey touch.
- Let the brownies cool completely in the pan. They’ll continue firming up to a moist, dense consistency as they cool.
- Store almond flour brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Yes, these almond flour brownies keep well in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Nuts make a delicious addition to these brownies! Add one cup of pecans or walnuts to the batter before baking for an irresistible crunchy bite.
If you don’t have monk fruit, use another granulated sugar substitute such as xylitol or stevia.
Yes, these brownies are naturally grain free as well as keto and low carb.
More Sugar Free Desserts
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Sugar Free Peanut Butter Fudge
- Sugar Free Carrot Cake
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Coconut Cookies
Almond Flour Brownies
Almond Flour Brownies are the absolute best keto brownies! These thick, fudgy brownies taste so chocolatey and decadent, you won't miss the gluten or the sugar.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated monk fruit
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ cups sugar free chocolate chips, divided
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder powder
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups almond flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 13x9-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine softened butter with monk fruit, vanilla extract, and salt in a large bowl. Blend to achieve a creamy consistency.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt ½ cup of chocolate chips (I do this for 30 seconds, stir, and heat an additional 15 seconds). Fold melted chocolate into the butter mixture.
- Add unsweetened cocoa powder and stir to combine. Then add one egg at a time until the three of them are incorporated. Next, add the almond flour and mix just until blended. Fold in ¾ cup of the chocolate chips (leave ¼ cup aside to spread them on top of the brownie).
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking dish. Spread the batter to the sides. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips on top of the brownie batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the top is set and with some cracks.
- Let the brownie cool completely removing from dish.
- Optional: add one cup of chopped nuts like pecans or walnuts. It gives an irresistible and crunchy bite.
- Storage: keep cooled brownies in airtight container at room temperature for up to one week. Freeze in airtight container for up to 3 months.
- See blog post for more recipe tips and tricks!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1 brownie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 279Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 36mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 7g
Almond Flour Brownies may just be the perfect keto dessert. Find out how to make gooey and fudgy brownies without the gluten or sugar with this easy recipe!