Keto Chocolate Crinkle Cookies have a gooey chocolate center and crisp edges. Powdered monk fruit gives the outside of the cookie a beautiful snow-dusted appearance. This is the perfect sugar-free cookie for Christmas!
Skipping sugar doesn’t mean giving up chocolate! These Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies prove that sugar free cookies can be delicious, especially when they’re made with plenty of chocolate! Or give our super fudgy keto chocolate truffles a try next!
Why this Recipe is Best
- Easy to make. These Christmas cookies require no frosting or decorating!
- Fudgy chocolate taste. The interior of these cookies is similar to a rich brownie.
- Sweetened with monk fruit. No added sugars or artificial sweeteners.
- Low carb, gluten free and keto recipe!
Every Christmas cookie tray needs a good crinkle cookie! Chocolate Crinkle Cookies have that elusive texture combination of soft and crispy. The crackly exterior yields to a gooey, fudgy chocolate center.
We managed to recreate this classic holiday cookie to make it keto friendly. These Keto Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are so delicious, no one will miss the sugar and flour!
Try our Sugar Free Carrot Cake for a classic flavor without the sugar and carbs!
Granulated monk fruit -This naturally occurring sugar free sweetener works wonderfully in all kinds of baked goods thanks to its stability at high heats.
Powdered monk fruit – We use the powdered version of this sweetener on the outsides of the cookie. It helps create the crackly edges and makes the cookies look beautiful.
Almond flour – This gluten free flour also adds fat to the dough, making the keto Chocolate Crinkle Cookies taste even richer.
Prepare the cookie dough: Start by mixing the granulated monk fruit with vegetable oil. Then add eggs and vanilla extract followed by the dry ingredients. Be careful not to over stir.
Roll the cookies: Put the powdered monk fruit in a bowl. Separate the cookie dough into 20 balls and roll each one in the powdered monk fruit.
Bake: Place the balls of cookie dough on a parchment lined baking sheet. Using a glass bottom or palm of your hand, press the dough down to flatten the tops (for even baking).
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
While the cookies are still warm, dust them with more powdered monk fruit. Let cool and enjoy.
Tips and Tricks
- Do not overbake. The cookies will look soft when you take them out of the oven but will continue to firm up as they cool.
- Lightly flatten the dough before baking. Use your palm or the bottom of a glass to gently press each ball of cookie dough into a disk.
- Store in the refrigerator. Keto Chocolate Crinkle cookies will stay good for one week if kept chilled.
You can make your own powdered monk fruit by pulsing the granulated version in the food processor. Process until it reaches the consistency of confectioner’s sugar.
Yes, these will keep well in the freezer for up to 30 days.
Absolutely! Feel free to fold some sugar free chocolate morsels or chopped nuts into the dough to customize your cookies.
More Sugar Free Desserts
- ¾ cup granulated monk fruit
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup powdered monk fruit, for rolling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix granulated monk fruit with vegetable oil until well combined and creamy. Then add two eggs and whisk until frothy. Add vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients to the egg mixture and stir until combined. DO NOT OVER STIR.
- Roll the batter into 20 one and a half- inch balls. Then place them in a small bowl with powdered monk fruit to coat them.
- Place the balls on the prepared cookie sheet and lightly flatten them with the bottom of a glass or palm of hand.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes. The cookies will come out soft from the oven but will firm up as they cool. After baking, with the cookies still warm, dust with extra powdered sweetener, and enjoy!
- Store cookies in airtight container in the refrigeratore for up to one week. Or freeze cookies for 30 days.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 95Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 33mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 3g
Low carb Keto Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are pure chocolate heaven! A soft fudgy inside and crackly edges make these snow-dusted cookies a favorite for the holiday season.