Can you follow a Keto diet and still eat cookies? Yes! These Keto Peanut Butter Cookies have all the nutty buttery flavor you crave, without the sugar or flour. Go ahead and indulge your sweet tooth with this easy recipe!
Why this Recipe is Best
- This is a naturally gluten free and grain free recipe! No need to use flour substitutes.
- You only need five ingredients to make these peanut butter cookies.
- Each cookie only has 1 net carb, making them totally Keto friendly!
- These are delicious on their own, but even better dipped in sugar free chocolate.
Be sure you try our classic keto chocolate chip cookie recipe next!
Powdered monkfruit. Is a natural sugar free sweetener we use to sweeten the peanut butter cookies. It’s even lower in calories than other natural sugar substitutes and tastes remarkably similar to real sugar.
Peanut butter. Use sugar free peanut butter to keep the cookies low carb and keto approved.
Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips. This is our favorite brand of chocolate chips for low carb baking. They’re keto, paleo and gluten free!
Make the peanut butter cookie dough:
Combine all the ingredients (except the chocolate) in a stand mixer until well combined.
Roll the dough into balls and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet. Use a fork to press a criss-cross pattern on the top of each unbaked cookie.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 – 12 minutes, then allow to cool completely.
You can enjoy them plain or add a chocolate touch!
For chocolate dipped cookies:
Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring at regular intervals. Dip each cookie in the chocolate, covering as much of the cookie as you like.
Place dipped cookies on parchment paper while the chocolate sets.
Tips and Tricks
- For a smoother and softer chocolate coating, add 1/4 teaspoon of coconut oil to the melted chocolate chips.
- If you prefer a less sweet peanut butter cookie, reduce the monkfruit to 1/4 cup.
- Add a sprinkle of sea salt to the cookies before baking to bring out even more peanut flavor.
No, you can’t. Regular granulated sugar won’t work in this recipe. Try this classic peanut butter cookies recipe instead.
Creamy (smooth) peanut butter works best in this cookie recipe.
These cookies should keep well for about 1 week stored in an airtight container at room temperature.
Each cookie has about 1 net carb. This estimate is based on 24 cookies in the full recipe. If you make your cookies larger or smaller, adjust your calculations accordingly.
More Keto Friendly Recipes
- Cauliflower Mash
- Avocado Chocolate Truffles
- Baked Ranch Chicken
- Keto Lemon Cookies
- Sugar Free Pecan Sandies
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 cup sugar-free peanut butter
- ½ cup powdered monkfruit
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup Lily’s dark chocolate chips, optional for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix together all of the ingredients (except chocolate chips) until fully combined.
- Use a medium cookie scoop (about 2 Tablespoons) to portion out the dough and roll into balls. Place on baking sheet and use the tines of a fork on the tops to create a criss cross pattern.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, then allow the cookies to cool on the pan for an additional 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- If desired, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave on 30-seconds intervals, stirring between each one. Add ¼ teaspoon of coconut oil for a softer chocolate texture. Dip the cookies in the melted chocolate then let sit on wax or parchment paper until firm.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Sugar substitute can be reduced to as little as ¼ cup.
- Sprinkle sea salt on top to enhance flavor.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 71Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 18mgCarbohydrates: 11gNet Carbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g
Keto Peanut Butter Cookies are the delicious alternative to the classic childhood treat!