Buffalo Chicken Dip with just 5 ingredients! This easy chicken wing dip recipe has all the Buffalo chicken flavor you crave, with no added sugar.
Or whip up a batch of this no cheese Cashew Queso recipe for a tasty snack!
Why this Recipe Works
Whoever first thought to turn Buffalo chicken wings into a creamy dip was a genius. Scooped with fresh veggies, this easy chicken wing dip is always a crowd-pleaser.
When I see a bowl of creamy dip at a party, I’m there faster than you can say “Buffalo.”
Buffalo Chicken Dip is one of my all time favorite appetizers and snacks. It combines the spicy heat of wing sauce with cooling cream cheese and tang of sour cream. Melted cheddar ties it all together in bubbly, cheesy perfection.
So many Buffalo sauces and dips include loads of added sugar–but you really don’t need it to get authentic Buffalo chicken flavor. Using Frank’s wing sauce, this dip recipe delivers big flavor without any of the unnecessary additives.
You can make this in the microwave or slow cooker for an even easier way to get that Buffalo chicken fix. Or bake it in the oven then serve right out of the baking pan.
No sugar. No flour. Just creamy Buffalo dip just right for your next party, movie night or potluck.
Chicken. Leftover cooked chicken or a grocery store rotisserie chicken work beautifully here.
Frank’s Wing Sauce. I love this sauce because it’s already seasoned and contains no added sugar or flour. Sub another Buffalo sauce if preferred–just check the label to ensure no added sugars.
Shredded Cheese. For best melting, shred your own cheese!
Sour Cream and Cream Cheese. Full fat is best for the creamiest, thickest results.
Oven Baked, Microwave or Slow Cooker
I’ve made this Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe all three ways several times. It comes out delicious no matter which way you choose to make it.
It couldn’t be any easier to make this recipe. Combine the ingredients, sprinkle extra cheddar cheese on top, then cook until melted and bubbly.
I love that the cheese gets a little browned when you make it in the oven–but you can’t beat the speed of the lightning fast microwave cooking.
Microwave Instructions– Cover dip with plastic wrap loosely. Cook on high power for 3 minutes. Stir and enjoy.
Slow Cooker Instructions– add ingredients to slow cooker. Turn on high for one hour. Stir and serve.
The slow cooker method is great for keeping the dip warm if you’re serving it at a party (or just want to snack on it all day long).
Tips and Tricks
- Make it a meal: Pour the chicken wing dip over a baked sweet potato for a filling lunch or dinner. The heat from the sauce adds delicious balance to the sweetness of the potato.
- Drizzle with bleu cheese or ranch: Adding these to the dip before serving adds a tangy touch. Many ranch dressings contain sugar, so be sure to check the label. I use Olive Garden Parmesan Ranch on my Buffalo Chicken Dip.
- Use a rotisserie chicken: This cuts down on your prep time so you’ll spend more time enjoying the dip and less time cooking it! You can also use some leftover balsamic chicken!
Serve the dip with sliced veggies like celery sticks, carrots or bell peppers. It’s also great with tortilla chips and gluten free crackers.
It can also be served over sweet potato fries for a delicious share-able appetizer.
The dip gets runny if you use low fat cream cheese and sour cream. These contain more water and less fat, so the sauce won’t get as thick and creamy. Use regular “full fat” products for best results.
Yes, buffalo chicken dip reheats well. Reheat in the microwave until the cheese is melted and bubbly again and serve warm.
Store leftover Buffalo chicken dip in the fridge. Enjoy reheated within 3 days.
- Chicken Broccoli Casserole
- Chicken Chaffle Sandwich
- Instant Pot White Chicken Chili
- Chicken Spinach Skillet
- 1 lb chicken, cooked and shredded
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 Tbsp bleu cheese dressing, optional, for garnish
- Veggies for dipping
- In a mixing bowl, combine shredded chicken with cream cheese, sour cream, buffalo sauce and 1 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Mix with a large spatula until fully combined. Spread into a 2 qt baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven, uncovered, for 20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and serve hot with fresh vegetables. Drizzle with blue cheese dressing if desired.
- Check labels - check all labels for no ADDED sugar. I use Frank's Red Hots WING sauce, it's already seasoned with no added sugar or flour.
- Can substitute Ranch dressing for blue cheese dressing, if desired. Olive Garden Parmesan Ranch is gluten free with no added sugars.
- Make it a Meal- serve this taste buffalo chicken over a baked sweet potato!
- Use a rotisserie chicken for easy prep.
- Microwave Instructions- Cover dip with plastic wrap loosely. Cook on high power for 3 minutes. Stir and enjoy.
- Slow Cooker Instructions- add ingredients to slow cooker. Turn on high for one hour. Stir and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 392Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 121mgSodium: 683mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 21g
With a mouthwatering balance of spicy and cheesy flavors, Buffalo Chicken Dip is a must have for any snack table. You’ll love this quick and easy recipe as an appetizer, party food or as a tasty addition to your meal.