What’s for dinner? How about this easy low carb Baked Ranch Chicken? Chicken breasts are baked in a creamy sauce and plenty of ranch flavor! This family friendly main course is ready in under 30 minutes.
This Baked Ranch Chicken is delicious on its own–but it’s even better paired with a side of cauliflower mash! Our gluten free chicken parmesan is another easy skillet recipe for the oven!
Why this Recipe Works
- Chicken gets tender and moist when baked with a homemade cream cheese ranch sauce.
- Quick, easy and super flavorful.
- Pan seared before baking to seal in juicy flavor.
- Made from scratch with real ingredients. No bottled sauces!
- A layer of cheese on top makes the Baked Ranch Chicken even more irresistible.
This low carb baked chicken recipe is one of my family’s go-to dinners. When you need something hearty that’s requires very little prep time, Baked Ranch Chicken is just the ticket!
Chicken breasts. Use boneless, skinless chicken for this recipe. Chicken tenderloins work perfectly!
Cheddar cheese. Use freshly shredded cheese for quicker, smoother melting. Other shredded cheeses like Colby Jack and Monterey would be tasty too.
Seasonings. Dill, onion powder, pepper, and garlic salt are the key ingredients for homemade ranch.
Tips and Tricks
- For more ranch flavor: add our homemade Ranch dressing!
- Make sure the chicken breasts are pounded to equal thickness. Some chicken breasts are B-cups and others are DDs! The tenderizing step at the beginning of the recipe ensures they all bake evenly.
- No pounding needed if using chicken tenderloins. You can skip the first step of the recipe if you use tenderloins. They tend to be sold in packages with pieces of even size.
- Bacon. Add some crumbled oven cooked bacon to the top when serving.
Yes, boneless, skinless chicken thighs can be used. Just make sure they are all pounded to be as close to the same thickness as possible.
My favorite low carb side dish to complete a baked chicken meal is Cauliflower Mash. It would also be delicious with roasted veggies or a mixed green salad. If you’re not eating low carb, just about any kind of potato dish would be perfect too!
As long as you use the fall fat sour cream and cream cheese, this Ranch Chicken is suitable for a keto diet.
Keep any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat and enjoy within 3 days.
More Easy Low Carb Dinners
- Cauliflower Rice Chicken Casserole
- Big Mac Salad
- Crustless Pizza
- Greek Chicken Kabobs
- Chicken Chaffle
- Keto Chicken Fajita Soup
Baked Ranch Chicken Recipe
What's for dinner? How about this easy Baked Ranch Chicken? Chicken breasts are baked in a creamy sauce and plenty of ranch flavor! This family friendly main course is ready in under 30 minutes.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prep chicken breasts by placing between two pieces of parchment paper and using a meat tenderizer, pound the chicken until all the breasts are the same thickness. DO not pound too thin.
- In an oven safe skillet (like a cast iron or girll pan), add olive oil over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook for about 3 minutes per side, until lightly browned (it will not be completely cooked inside).
- While the chicken is cooking, mix together the sour cream, cream cheese, and seasonings.
- Turn off stove top, spread ranch mixture over the chicken and cover skillet with foil.
- Place in oven and cook for about 15 minutes. Remove foil. Using a meat thermometer make sure internal temperature of chicken is 165 degrees F. Top chicken with shredded cheese and return to oven, uncovered, for about 5 minutes, until cheese is bubbly.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve hot.
- Some chicken breasts are a B-cup, some are DD. Pounding them to equal sizes creates an even cooking time. Using chicken tenderloins is a great way to skip this step, as they tend to come in equal sizes.
- Delicious paired with cauliflower mash!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 649Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 258mgSodium: 843mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 79g
This Baked Ranch Chicken recipe makes ordinary chicken more exciting! Even picky eaters love this flavorful, low carb dinner.
Thursday 27th of May 2021
This juicy and tender baked ranch chicken recipe is so GOOD! Love how easy this chicken recipe is.
Thursday 27th of May 2021
I'm new to the keto diet, so I'm always on the lookout for tasty recipes. This chicken is so good! I sprinkled bacon bits on my leftovers the next day, and that was extra tasty!