Greek Chicken Kabobs are seasoned with Mediterranean herbs and served with garlicky avocado tzatziki sauce. Made on an outdoor grill or the stove, this recipe makes a flavorful and healthy main dish that’s fun to eat!
Toss together a Greek Salad to turn these Chicken Kabobs into a full meal.
Why this Recipe is Best
- A sprinkle of Greek seasoning mix adds instant herby flavor to chicken tenders.
- You can cook these Greek Chicken Kabobs on the stove or the grill.
- Tender, juicy, flavorful chicken is ready to eat in only 30 minutes!
- It’s naturally low carb, sugar free and rich in protein.
Greek seasoning mix. Check the label to ensure no added sugars. We use Cavender’s Greek Seasoning in both the chicken and the tzatziki sauce.
Chicken. You’ll need boneless, skinless chicken tenders for today’s recipe.
Greek yogurt. Make sure the yogurt is plain and unsweetened (no added flavors or sugar).
Tabasco sauce. Feel free to swap this out with another hot sauce you love! Or sprinkle with some crushed red pepper flakes for a little spice.
You can cook Greek Chicken two ways–on the grill or on the stove.
How to grill chicken kebabs on the stove:
Thread strips of seasoned chicken onto a bamboo skewer. Cook on the grill top over medium high heat for about four minutes.
Flip and cook on the other side for another four minutes until chicken is cooked through.
How to cook on the stove:
If you don’t have a grill pan or outdoor grill, you can still make delicious Greek chicken!
Dice the chicken before adding seasonings. Once seasoned, add chicken to a hot pan with olive oil. Cook, tossing gently, until all chicken pieces are evenly cooked through.
Serve Greek chicken warm with the cool avocado tzatziki sauce.
Tips and Tricks
- Blend the tzatziki sauce. Using a blender to combine the sauce ingredients yields a smoother sauce with less effort.
- Make ahead. You can make the sauce up to a day ahead of time. Let it chill covered in the fridge until the chicken is ready.
- Serving. Serve chicken kebabs on their own or with a side of cauliflower rice or Greek salad. Try these No Bake Cheesecake Bars for dessert!
Check the chicken’s internal temperature using a food thermometer. The thermometer should read 165 – 175 F in the thickest part of the chicken before you remove the meat from the stove. When fully cooked, the outside of the chicken will be lightly browned and juices will run clear.
Yes, but instead of kebabs you’ll have some tasty pan fried chicken! Dice the chicken instead of adding it to skewers. Cooked the diced chicken in a heated pan with olive oil until done.
Store bought Greek seasoning usually contains a combination of dried herbs. You’ll notice the flavors of oregano, garlic, thyme and dill along with black pepper and salt.
I wouldn’t recommend it. Greek yogurt is distinctly tangy with a light and creamy consistency that makes it perfect for Tzatziki sauce!
More No Sugar No Flour Dinners
- Chicken and Cauliflower Rice
- Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan
- Chaffle Recipe
- Big Mac Salad
- Chicken Broccoli Casserole
For the Chicken
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 1 Tablespoon Greek seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
For the Tzatziki
- 1 avocado, pitted
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 drops tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon Greek seasoning mix
- In a blender (or food processor), add avocado, greek yogurt and lemon juice for tzatziki sauce. Process until smooth. Add remaining sauce ingredients and combine. Pour into a bowl and refrigerate (covered) until ready to eat.
- For the chicken, place in a large ziploc bag. Add dry seasonings and shake until evenly coated.
- Using a bamboo skewer, thread strips of chicken onto skewer. Cook on grill or use a grill pan on the stove top over medium high heat. Add olive oil and add chicken. Cook about 4 minutes per side, remove when completely cooked.
- Serve hot chicken skewers with avocado tzatziki sauce. ENJOY.
- We use Cavender's Greek Seasoning (found in most grocery stores) since it contains zero carbs.
- Internal temperature of cooked chicken should be 165 degrees F.
- Chicken can also be diced and added to a hot skillet with oil.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 417Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 138mgSodium: 1979mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 48g