With a pie this good, no one will miss the crust! Crustless Pumpkin Pie delivers all the classic great taste of the traditional holiday pie without the flour or sugar. The perfect way to celebrate the holidays!
Low Carb Pumpkin Pie
What’s a pie without a crust? Delicious. This recipe proves it!
Thanksgiving just isn’t Thanksgiving without a slice of pumpkin pie on my dessert plate. Sweetened with monk fruit and spiced with cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves, this is a low-carb and sugar-free version of the pumpkin pie recipe I’ve been making for years.
While I know there are plenty of gluten free pie crust options out there, for this recipe I went simple and just baked the pumpkin filling without any crust. And there are so many options on how to bake it:
- Pie Plate– bake in a traditional pie plate!
- Muffin Tin– use a cupcake / muffin pan to bake your individual pumpkin pies.
- Ramekins– THIS IS MY FAVORITE. No worries about scooping carefully here, everyone gets their own bowl and can dig right in!
Top with homemade Sugar Free Whipped Cream and you’ll have a satisfying, sweet low-carb dessert for all your holiday festivities.
- Pumpkin – You need pure canned pumpkin for this recipe. Do not use pumpkin pie filling (I can’t stress this enough)!
- Monk fruit – Granulated Monk fruit is my go-to sugar substitute for baking. It’s all natural, doesn’t raise your blood sugar and sweetens desserts without leaving an unpleasant aftertaste.
Step by Step Instructions
STEP 1. Beat the eggs with the pumpkin, then add in the heavy cream. Mix until everything is fully combined.
STEP 2. Add the monk fruit and the spices and mix well.
STEP 3. Bake in your desired shape!
- For a regular pie: Pour the pie filling into a 9-inch pie plate that’s been sprayed with baking spray or lightly greased. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 350 to bake for another 40 minutes. Let the pie cool on the counter then transfer it to the refrigerator for additional 2 hours to set.
- For cupcakes: Fill the cavities of a cupcake pan about 3/4 of the way with the pumpkin filling. Bake for 10 minutes at 450 then another 30 minutes at 350. Let the cupcakes cool, then use a spatula to slide them out of the pan. Refrigerate for 2 hours to let the cupcakes set.
- For ramekins: Fill 4 oz ramekins with the pie filling. Bake at 450 for 15 minutes, then another 30 minutes at 350. Let them cool completely then refrigerate for 2 hours.
Ramekins are my personal favorite way to enjoy crustless pumpkin pie! No need to remove the pie or worry about it sticking to the pan when you serve them right in the ramekin.
A knife inserted into the center of the pie should come out mostly clean when your low-carb pumpkin pie is ready to come out of the oven. Keep in mind the center will still be pretty soft–it firms up in the fridge later.
Make sure to use baking spray on your pie plate, cupcake tin or ramekins. For cupcakes in particular, you need to be pretty generous with your spray so that they are easier to remove!
Keep the pie (or pies) covered with foil or plastic wrap in the fridge until ready to serve. The pie tastes best if enjoyed within 3 days.
More No Sugar No Flour Recipes
- 1 can (15 oz) pure pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup granulated Monk fruit sweetener
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the pumpkin with eggs, until well blended.
- Add in heavy cream and beat until fully combined.
- Add in spices, monk fruit sweetener, and kosher salt. Mix well.
- Spray a 9-inch pie plate with baking spray. Pour pumpkin filling into the pie plate and bake in 425 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- With pie still in the oven, reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Bake an additional 40 minutes.
- Use a knife to check the pie is done, it should come out mostly clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours to set.
- In a 12 cavity cupcake tin, that has been generously sprayed with baking spray, fill each cup evenly (they will be about 3/4 full).
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees. Bake an additional 29-32 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely in pan.
- Using a spatula, remove from pan and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- THIS IS MY FAVORITE WAY TO MAKE THESE PIES!
- Spray 8-12 ramekins (4 oz each) with baking spray. Add pie filling.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduct temperature to 350 degrees and bake an additional 29-32 minutes.
- Check doneness with a knife.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve IN the ramekin!
- We love using monk fruit to sweeten our desserts as it doesn't leave an after taste and doesn't raise blood sugar.
- Top with sugar free Whipped Cream!
- We use these 4 oz Ramekins from Amazon. Fill about 3/4 full (you'll be able to fill about 12 of them). This is our favorite way to serve crustless pumpkin pie. No need to worry about removing from the dish!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 88Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 115mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 2g
All the deliciousness of classic pumpkin pie without the sugar or flour! This Low-Carb Pumpkin Pie made without a crust impresses even the pickiest of pie eaters.