Elevate your cauliflower rice to new heights with this lightened up version of a restaurant favorite. Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice has a hint of tang and a pop of freshness, making it a delicious addition to any Mexican meal.
Cauliflower is one of those miracle foods, that has a mild flavor and can be turned into anything. Our cauliflower mash is wonderful! Add a big scoop of this “rice” to our Instant Pot Chicken Taco Bowl!
Why this Recipe is Best
- Made with real limes for a fresh citrus kick.
- Works with fresh or frozen riced cauliflower.
- Ready to eat in under 10 minutes.
- Low carb, low calorie, vegan and keto rice recipe!
My family loves cilantro lime rice. I finally tried swapping the rice for cauliflower and the results were spectacular!
The freshness of the cilantro is the perfect complement to a warm bowl of “rice”.
This Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice is flavorful but not overpowering. That means you can pair it with all kinds of main dishes, meats and sides without worrying about clashing flavors.
Riced cauliflower. Use uncooked riced cauliflower in this recipe. You can also use frozen riced cauliflower in a pinch.
Limes. You will need both the zest and juice from 2 limes. The zest gives the rice a lime aroma while the juice provides the acidity at the end of cooking.
Garlic. Use finely minced fresh garlic for mouthwatering flavor.
Cilantro. You will need fresh cilantro leaves here. Chop finely before adding to the recipe.
Start by cooking the garlic in the olive oil until fragrant. Add the riced cauliflower. Saute until the rice softens. This takes about 5 minutes.
Remove the pan from heat. Stir in lime juice and zest, salt and cilantro before serving.
See? Even faster and easier than making real rice!
Tips and Tricks
- Get the most juice out of your lime by letting it come to room temperature before using.
- You can also microwave the limes for about 30 seconds to release more juice.
- As the cauliflower cooks it reduces in volume. This finished recipe yields about 2 cups of cilantro lime cauliflower rice.
- For an even faster option, you can make this in the microwave. Use frozen riced cauliflower and microwave according to package directions. Stir in remaining ingredients at the end of cooking.
- SERVING: Serve your cilantro lime cauliflower rice with a bowl of Enchilada Soup or as a side with Chicken Enchilada Casserole!
You can store this rice in a sealed container in the refrigerator. It will keep for about 4 days.
I find cooked cauliflower rice gets mushy if stored in the freezer. This dish is best enjoyed right away.
It makes a great swap for regular rice in any of your favorite Mexican dishes, like tacos and burritos. We love it as a side for grilled chicken, pork and fish, too.
Garlic paste can be used but it will burn more quickly than freshly minced. Add the cauliflower to the pan as soon as the garlic turns fragrant (sometimes this takes less than a minute!).
More Low Carb Dinners
- 3 cups of riced cauliflower, uncooked (*see note)
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced
- 2 limes, juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- Add 1 Tablespoon of olive oil to skillet over medium low heat and add minced garlic. Saute until fragrant.
- Add cauliflower rice and saute until the rice softens, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add lime zest, lime juice, salt and chopped cilantro and stir to combine.
- After cooking, the 3 cups of riced cauliflower becomes about 2 cups. This is equal to about 4 - ½ cup servings.
- A quick option would be to use 2- 10oz bags of frozen riced cauliflower. Cook according to package directions (either microwave beforehand or do the stovetop method as mentioned in directions above.)
- If you microwave a lime for about 30 seconds before you juice it, you will get more juice.
- Will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 4 days.
Serving Size:1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 74Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 217mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
Lighten up your favorite Mexican meals with this easy Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice. It’s ready in minutes!