Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings are crispy and flavorful, without the spice of your usual hot wings. These chicken wings are baked until crisp then covered in an herbed garlic sauce with plenty of Parmesan cheese!
These low carb chicken wings make a perfect party food or game day appetizer. Serve them with my Low Carb Ranch Dressing and get the party started!
Why These Wings Are Best
Today’s keto chicken wings are just as tasty as Buffalo wings but without the heat. They’re a great option if you’re not a fan of spicy chicken or just want to change things up.
- Oven baked CRISPY wings.
- NO batter or flour needed.
- Savory garlic and cheese flavor.
- Easy to make!
Make everyone at the party happy when you serve up a platter of these Garlic Chicken Wings AND this spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip too. Or serve the wings with a spicier dipping sauce to satisfy all your cravings at once!
- Baking soda – This makes the wings beautifully crispy without needing the batter or oil of traditional fried wings.
- Unsalted butter – It’s a MUST for baked wings with juicy savory flavor.
- Chicken wings – You can use drums, flats or a combination for this recipe. I prefer bone-in!
- Parmesan – This is the time for cooking with freshly grated Parmesan cheese–not the kind from the shaker.
- Parsley – A handful of chopped fresh herbs gives the wings a flavorful finish.
Start by patting the chicken wings dry with a paper towel. Toss them with baking soda, salt and pepper until well coated.
Now place them in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake until crispy. This should take about 45 minutes depending on your oven and the size of your wings.
Coat them with garlic sauce. Toss the oven baked wings in a bowl with melted butter and minced garlic. Add the grated parmesan and give the chicken a good stir to ensure it’s nicely coated in cheese. Sprinkle chopped parsley over the chicken as the finishing touch!
Choose your favorite low carb dipping sauce for serving with Garlic Parmesan Wings.
- Creamy spicy wing sauce: Mix some mayo with a few spoonfuls of Sriracha and a sprinkle of garlic powder.
- Buffalo sauce: Combine hot sauce (like Frank’s Original) with melted butter and a pinch of salt.
Any other low carb bleu cheese or ranch sauce you love would be delicious with these garlic wings too. Don’t forget the celery sticks!
I didn’t flip these oven-baked wings and found they still came out evenly cooked and crispy. If you notice that one side of the chicken looks more done than the other as they cook, feel free to flip them about halfway through the baking time.
Chicken wings often come from the butcher or grocery store in a single piece. To make this wings recipe, I cut the large wing into three sections: the flat part (sometimes called a “wingette”), the drumstick and the tip. Use the drumsticks and flats in this recipe. Freeze the tips to make stock and soup so nothing goes to waste!
Yes, this is a keto chicken wings recipe! By skipping the breading and sugary sauces, these garlic parmesan wings are low in net carbs but still packed with juicy flavor.
The key to crispy baked wings without oil is in the baking soda! This magic ingredient creates amazingly crisped browned wings without deep frying. Tossing the baked wings in a garlic butter sauce after cooking gives the crispy wings an amazing flavor without needing lots of oil or a flour-laden batter.
More Low Carb Appetizers
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Place a baking rack over a baking sheet lined with foil. Brush the rack with oil to prevent sticking.
- Pat the wings dry with a paper towel. Place the wings in a bowl and add the baking powder, salt and pepper and mix to coat the wings. Make sure the wings are coated evenly.
- Lay the wings in a single layer on a prepared baking rack and bake the wings for 45-50 minutes or until crispy.
- In a large bowl add the melted butter, minced garlic and parsley. Stir to combine. Add the chicken wings and sprinkle the grated parmesan all over the wings. Toss well to coat and sprinkle the chopped parsley on top.
- Serve immediately with your favorite low carb dipping sauce (suggestions below)
- Creamy spicy: ¾ cup mayo, 3-4 Tablespoons sriracha (depending how spicy you like it) ½ teaspoon garlic powder.
- Buffalo sauce: mix ½ cup hot sauce with ¼ cup unsalted melted butter and a pinch of salt. Simmer for one minute over medium high heat and enjoy.
- See blog post for more recipe tips and tricks.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 298Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 581mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 14g
Served as an appetizer, a main course or a party snack, these crispy oven-baked Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings are a guaranteed crowd pleaser!