This Keto Chocolate Cheesecake has a homemade almond crust and luscious creamy chocolate filling. This no sugar, no bake cheesecake is easy to make for any occasion!
Why this Recipe Works
This version takes keto cheesecake to even more decadent heights, blending chocolate into the filling AND the crust!
I love that I don’t even have to fire up the oven to make this impressive low carb dessert.
- Our go-to No Bake Cheesecake . . . with CHOCOLATE!
- Homemade gluten free crust made with almond flour.
- Made with monk fruit for perfect sweetness.
- Low carb cheesecake with all the decadent flavor you crave.
Next up give our no bake strawberry cheesecake recipe a try!
Almond flour – Not to be confused with almond meal, this super fine nut flour creates a crust that’s delicate, but sturdy enough to hold up to the filling.
Cocoa powder – We use this in both the crust and the filling for that deep chocolate flavor.
Dark chocolate chips – Melted chocolate brings even more richness to the cheesecake. Use chocolate morsels with no added sugars or flours. I like Lily’s brand best. We love using these in our sugar free chocolate chip shortbread cookies!
Powdered monk fruit – If you only have granulated monk fruit, run it through the food processer until it reaches the consistency of powdered sugar.
Sour cream – This ingredient makes the center of the cheesecake even softer and creamier. Let the sour cream come to room temperature before using in the filling.
Cream cheese – Like the sour cream, this needs to be softened to room temperature for best results.
For the crust: Combine the ingredients for the crust in a mixing bowl. Use your hands to press the crumbly mixture into a square baking dish lined with parchment paper.
Chill the crust while you make the filling.
To make the chocolate cheesecake filling: Beat the cream cheese with powdered monk fruit until smooth. Add vanilla extract, cocoa powder and sour cream.
Stir in a cup of melted chocolate chips and beat until just incorporated.
Assemble and serve: Pour the cheesecake filling over chilled chocolate crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least four hours.
Cut the cheesecake into bars. Melt the remaining chocolate chip and drizzle over chilled bars before serving.
Tips and Tricks
- Removing cheesecake from the pan: Grasp the edges of the parchment paper to lift the set cheesecake out of the pan with no mess!
- Chill overnight: I like to prep the cheesecake the night before so it’s fully chilled and set by the next day. Keto Chocolate Cheesecake for breakfast anyone?
- Melting chocolate chips: Microwave the chocolate chips for 1 minute. Then stir well with a strong spoon or fork until the chocolate is fully melted and smooth.
- How to store: Keep any leftover chocolate cheesecake covered in the fridge. Enjoy within 5 days for best taste. Or freeze for later.
- GIVE ME SUGAR. Oops did you mean to find a regular cheesecake? No worries, give this No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake recipe a try, fully loaded with sugar and carbs!
Use a clean, sharp knife to cut these into bars or triangles. Wipe the knife between cuts for clean and even slices.
No, these ingredients are not interchangeable. Almond meal is coarser than almond flour. For consistent results, use only almond flour in this recipe.
Yes, this recipe will work with other powdered sugar substitutes. If you try it, be sure to let me know how it turns out!
More Sugar Free Desserts
- Sugar Free Carrot Cake
- Avocado Chocolate Truffles
- Keto Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- Sugar Free Pecan Sandies
- Sugar Free Peanut Butter Fudge
For the Crust
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground almond flour
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons powdered monk fruit sweetener
For the Filling
- 1 bag (9 ounce) Lily's dark chocolate chips, divided
- 2 packages (8 ounce each) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered monk fruit sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Line a 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- For the crust, combine almond flour, melted butter, powdered monk fruit, and cocoa powder in a medium bowl. Mix until crumbly.
- Pour crumbs into bottom of baking dish. Press firmly with palm of your hand. Refrigerate crust while making the filling.
- For the filling, melt one cup of chocolate chips in microwave safe glass bowl for 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese with powdered monk fruit. Beat until well combined. Add vanilla, sour cream, and coco powder. Beat until well blended.
- Add melted chocolate to the mixing bowl and beat in just until blended (it may cause a few lumps, that's okay)!
- Pour mixture over refrigerated crust. Cover cheesecake with plastic wrap and refrigerate for four hours (or overnight).
- When ready to serve, lift cheesecake out of pan with parchment paper onto a large cutting board. Cut cheesecake into 16 servings with large, sharp knife. Melt remaining chocolate chips (about 1/2 cup) in glass bowl in microwave for 45 seconds. Stir until smooth then drizzle over slices of cheesecake. Serve and enjoy.
For clean cuts of cheesecake, wipe knife between slices.
Removing cheesecake from the pan: Grasp the edges of the parchment paper to lift the set cheesecake out of the pan with no mess!
Chill overnight: I like to prep the cheesecake the night before so it's fully chilled and set by the next day. Keto Chocolate Cheesecake for breakfast anyone?
Melting chocolate chips: Microwave the chocolate chips for 1 minute. Then stir well with a strong spoon or fork until the chocolate is fully melted and smooth.
How to store: Keep any leftover chocolate cheesecake covered in the fridge. Enjoy within 5 days for best taste. Or freeze for later.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 166Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 29mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 4g
Who needs sugar to make chocolate cheesecake? These Keto Chocolate Cheesecake Bars have all the decadence with none of the carbs!