Add instant flavor to your meal with this Fajita Seasoning Mix. With the perfect balance of spices, this easy homemade blend is delicious on chicken, steak and veggies too!
Why buy spice mixes from the store when you can make your own? Keep a jar of Homemade Taco Seasoning handy for those last minute taco cravings! Or make a batch of our easy homemade dry ranch dressing mix.
Why this Recipe is Best
Today we’re talking about another favorite Mexican inspired dish–Fajitas.
This is the seasoning blend I use for my Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas. It has the absolute best combination of spices for giving oven baked chicken an authentic fajita flavor.
- You can make this Fajita Seasoning Mix in less than 5 minutes.
- It uses simple ingredients you probably have on your spice rack.
- Make it as hot or as mild as you like!
Here’s what I put in my Fajita spice blend:
- Chili powder – gives the seasoning mix pungency and some mild spiciness.
- Cumin – adds aroma and touch of sweet nuttiness that brings out the spiciness of the other ingredients.
- Paprika – brightens up the color of the seasoning.
- Ground Coriander – contributes a smoky, roasted flavor.
- Black pepper – for a kick of heat.
- Kosher salt – I always cook with kosher salt for the purest salty flavor and consistent results. Here’s why it’s better than table salt!
All you have to do is mix the spices together. Then it’s ready to store or add to your favorite Fajita recipe. Use it in place taco seasoning in our Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Soup recipe.
Tips and Tricks
- For more heat, add 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the mix.
- This spice blend is enough to season 2 pounds of meat. Feel free to multiply the ingredients to make a larger batch to store.
- Check the expiration dates on your individual spices. While spices don’t often “go bad” they do lose some flavor and pungency over time.
- Sprinkle some in hummus for a tex mex flavor!
Store this Fajita Seasoning in an airtight container. I like to keep mine in a mason jar with a lid. A zipped plastic bag works too!
Keep it in a dark dry location, like your spice cupboard or pantry.
The spice mix will keep well for 2 to 3 years! You can go ahead and mix up a bunch at once without worrying it’ll go to waste.
I use this spice blend in my Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas recipe. There are tons of other ways to put it to use, too. Sprinkle it over chicken breasts or rub it on steak before grilling. It would also be delicious on roasted cauliflower!
More No Sugar No Flour Recipes
- How to Make Cauliflower Rice
- Low Carb Ranch Dressing
- Homemade Enchilada Sauce
- Sugar Free Whipped Cream
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small dish.
- Season your favorite fajita filling and enjoy!
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper can be added for heat.
- These amounts are for using on one sheet pan meal (to season about 2 pounds meat). The seasonings can be increased to make enough to put in a container and store in an airtight container. The seasoning will last 2-3 years.
Serving Size:1 teaspoon
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 6Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 131mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g
Use this easy recipe to create the only Fajita Seasoning Mix you’ll ever need.