Instant Pot Taco Chili – Use taco seasoning and your Instant Pot to make ordinary chili extraordinary! This chili recipe is easy to make with Mexican spices that will warm you from head to toe.
Instant Pot Chili Recipe
Everyone loves tacos. Everyone loves chili. Put them together and you have a comforting bowl of chili that’s a little spicy and a whole lot delicious. Without the added tortillas and gluten!
Why make taco chili in the Instant Pot? Because it’s easy and the results are phenomenal.
With this Instant Pot recipe, you only need to use one dish (the pressure cooker). There’s no standing over a stove and stirring. The Instant Pot brings all the ingredients together to meld and mingle so you get even more dimensions of flavor.
A bowl of Taco Chili makes for a hearty and nourishing dinner. And, as always, it’s free of any added sugars and flour!
If you love easy Instant Pot Recipes, be sure to try our Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Soup and our Instant Pot White Chicken Chili recipes. Our delicious Chicken Taco Bowl is gluten free and made in the Instant Pot too!
Ground beef. Ground turkey makes a great substitute for a lower fat version.
Rotel tomatoes. You can substitute regular canned tomatoes, but the finished chili won’t be as spicy.
Tomato paste. Be sure to use tomato paste with no added sugars or seasonings.
Taco seasoning. Use my Homemade Taco Seasoning for best flavor. Store bought spice blends will work in a pinch. Don’t forget to check the label to avoid added flour or sugar.
First, brown the crumbled ground beef in the Instant Pot using the saute setting. Drain the beef.
Add the beef back to the pot along with the beef broth. Pour in the tomatoes, tomato paste, black beans, and a can of drained sweet corn.
Put the lid on the Instant Pot and select a cook time of 6 minutes at High Pressure. When the cooking time ends, let the pot naturally release pressure for 10 minutes. Do a quick release of the remaining pressure and give the chili a good stir.
Serve hot with all your favorite chili toppings!
Stove Top Directions
No Instant Pot? No problem!
Brown your meat in a dutch oven or large pot. Drain grease. Add remaining ingredients, cover, and let simmer for one hour, stirring occasionally. Serve and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- Cooking time. The pot takes a few minutes to come to pressure, so be sure to plan accordingly when making this chili for dinner!
- Make it spicier. Add a few shakes of hot sauce or crushed red pepper to amp up the heat in your taco chili.
- Storing. Transfer any leftover chili to an airtight container in the refrigerator. Leftover chili reheats well in the microwave for an easy lunch the next day!
- Slow Cooker. Make it in the slow cooker by browning your meat in skillet. Add remaining ingredients, with the browned meat into your slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 hours.
What to Serve with Taco Chili
Toppings: Sour cream and shredded cheese are must have toppings for taco chili at my house! Salsa and avocado slices are amazing on this chili too. Mix and match your favorites. Of course guacamole is also a hit at our house.
Garnish bowls of chili with chopped fresh cilantro for a bit of fresh flavor and color.
No, I would not recommend substituting chili powder for the taco seasoning here. The blend of spices in taco seasoning includes lots of other spices that help give the chili its amazing flavor!
Yes, you could make this Taco Chili recipe with pinto beans or red kidney beans instead of black beans.
Taco Chili is a bit spicy, but not overwhelmingly so. You can always adjust the spiciness according to your taste.
Depending on your carb count and the type of beans you use, this recipe could be made keto friendly.
More Easy Dinner Recipes
- Easy Chicken Spinach Skillet
- Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe
- Low Carb Pizza Casserole
- Big Mac Salad
- Easy Chaffle Recipe
- 2 lb ground beef
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cans (15 oz each) tomato sauce
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 can sweet corn, drained
- 3 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 6 Tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- OPTIONAL toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, guacamole
- Using the "SAUTE" function on the Instant Pot, add ground beef. Cook until all the beef is crumbled and browned. Turn pot off.
- Drain the beef in a strainer, getting rid of the excess grease. To the bottom of the Instant Pot, add beef broth and scrape up the bits of meat the might be stuck to the pan, this is called deglazing, and will prevent the burn notice.
- Add the beef back into the pot with the broth. Add tomato sauce, Rotel tomatoes, corn, paste, beans, and taco seasoning. Give a quick stir.
- Lock the lid in place and make sure the valve on top is set to SEALING. Select HIGH PRESSURE for a cook time of 6 minutes.
- Once the cook time ends, allow to naturally release pressure for ten minutes, then do a quick release of the valve on top by moving it to "VENTING."
- Open the lid and stir everything together. Serve with sour cream and shredded cheese if desired!
- Recipe tested in 6 qt Instant Pot.
- Be sure to check all labels for NO ADDED SUGAR.
- Use our homemade taco seasoning blend for best flavor!
Serving Size:1 bowl
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 341Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 1032mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 28g
Instant Pot Taco Chili is a must-try recipe if you love tacos! This homemade chili is easy and hassle free low carb cooking at its best.