These Breaded Pork Chops are made with crushed pork rinds instead of bread crumbs! Juicy pork is surrounded by a perfectly seasoned crispy coating in this easy keto recipe.
Low Carb Pork Chops
One thing I quickly discovered when I started eating this way is how many foods contain added flour and sugar. Even the ones you don’t suspect!
Pork Chops are one such example. The pork itself is high protein and low carb. But these cuts of pork are often breaded before cooking, wrapping all that protein in a layer of breadcrumbs.
The good news is it’s easy to make breaded pork chops that are crispy and delicious without overloading your meal with unwanted carbs and sugar.
The secret: pork rinds. The crunchy airy snacks are crushed into crumbs that work perfectly as a breading for all kinds of meats–especially pork chops.
These low carb pork chops are oven baked for an amazing crispy breading without the hassle of pan frying. They’re keto and gluten free too!
- Boneless pork chops – This recipe works best with thick chops. Ours were 1 inch thick.
- Eggs – Dipping pork chops in beaten eggs before breading helps the breading adhere to the meat.
- Parmesan cheese – We add this to the breading for a light cheesy flavor. Sprinkle a little extra shredded Parmesan over the baked pork chops too!
- Pork rinds – Place them in a ziploc bag and use a rolling pin or mallet to crush them into small pieces.
- Seasonings – These pork chops are seasoned with a combination of paprika, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.
Tips and Tricks
- Place the breading in a shallow bowl or pie plate. This makes it easier to evenly coat the pork chops without the breading clumping.
- Double dip. After coating the pork chops in egg and breading once, repeat the process. The double batter method creates a nice thick layer of crunchy breading!
- Sprinkle with parsley. The chopped herbs give some needed color and freshness to a plate of piping hot golden brown porkchops.
Breaded Pork Chops are perfect served with all kinds of low carb side dishes.
If you’re not completely avoiding carbs, I recommend serving pork chops with a no-sugar added applesauce to complete the meal. Warm or cold, I love the pairing of sweet cooked apples and savory pork chops.
Don’t forget dessert! Give your meal a sweet ending with these Keto Pecan Cheesecake Bars.
If you don’t like pork rinds, you can make the low carb breading for pork chops with almond flour instead. Or use chickpea crumbs (sold at most grocery stores).
The best way to know your breaded pork chops are done cooking is by testing the internal temperature. Use a meat thermometer inserted into the center of the pork chop. When it reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, the pork chops are fully cooked.
Oven temperatures and the thickness of your pork chops will determine how long these take to cook. In most cases they will need 45 to 60 minutes in oven.
Yes, today’s pork chop recipe is made with pork rinds instead of traditional bread crumbs. It’s safe for gluten free diets. Remember to check labels on any packaged ingredients to ensure no hidden flours, particularly if you are cooking for someone with a gluten allergy.
More Easy Recipes
- 4 thick boneless pork chops (about 1-inch thick)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup crushed pork rinds
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon chopped, fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper, set aside.
- In a shallow bowl (or pie plate), beat eggs well. Set aside.
- In a separate shallow bowl (or pie plate), combine crushed pork rinds, grated Parmesan cheese, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder. Mix with a fork, set aside.
- Dip the first pork chop in the egg mixture, on both sides, then dip into the breading mixture. Press the breading into the egg mixture gently. WIth the same pork chop, dip it again in the egg, then again the breading. Place double dipped pork chop on baking sheet.
- Repeat process for all four chops. Sprinkle the tops with shredded parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, or until the internal temperature is 145 degrees. Remove from oven, sprinkle with fresh parsley, and serve hot.
- Double dipping the pork chops gives a nice thick layer of breading!
- Not a fan of pork rinds? Swap them out for almond flour instead! Pork rinds can usually be found in the chips and snacks aisle.
- Baking time may vary depending on the thickness of your pork chops. Always use a meat thermometer to test for doneness.
Serving Size:1 pork chop
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 508Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 268mgSodium: 705mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 53g
Make Breaded Pork Chops with all the down home flavor you love and none of the carbs. Pair them with your favorite keto side dishes for an easy meal the entire family can enjoy.