A Chicken Bacon Ranch Salad is the perfect power meal! Grilled chicken breasts and bacon are tossed with fresh veggies and homemade dressing for a satisfying low-carb lunch!
For another salad you’ll actually get excited to eat, check out this 15 minute Chicken Caprese Salad next.
Why this Salad is Best
Salads don’t have a reputation for being the tastiest meal options. While healthy salads are simple to make, nailing the right balance of flavors and ingredients can take a little practice.
That’s especially if you tend to rely on sugary dressings and croutons to make your salad crave worthy.
- You won’t leave the table hungry with this protein packed salad!
- Delicious ranch flavor without the carbs.
- Plenty of greens and avocado for a nutrient boost.
- Keto, paleo and gluten free recipe!
This Chicken Bacon Ranch Salad has a perfect combination of savory, tangy and creamy flavors, all packed into one nourishing meal. It’s just as satisfying as a chicken ranch sub but without all the carbs and extra calories.
You’ll love it as a quick lunch or easy weeknight dinner!
- Grilled chicken tenders – This recipe for homemade grilled tenders is our favorite for adding to a bacon ranch salad.
- Bacon – Cook the bacon to your level of doneness. I like mine extra crispy! We use our guide on how to cook bacon!
- Ranch dressing – Make sure to use a ranch dressing that’s free of added sugars and flours. Our homemade sugar free ranch dressing is perfect in today’s salad recipe! Or use our dry ranch dressing mix recipe to whip up a creamy dressing.
Tips and Tricks
There are so many ways to customize this salad to your particular preferences or the ingredients you have on hand.
Swap the romaine leaves for spinach, kale or spring mix. Throw in a few chopped peppers or celery for some extra crunch.
You can serve this salad with the chicken warm or even use cold leftover chicken tenders. Want a lower fat version? Swap the pork bacon for turkey bacon.
The possibilities are as numerous as they are delicious.
This salad recipe is made with grilled chicken tenders. The even cuts of meat cook quickly on the grill or stovetop and can be served whole on top of the salad or chopped into smaller bites.
You can make the ranch dressing (or sugar free dressing of choice) in advance and store it sealed in the refrigerator for several days.
Add the dressing to the assembled salad just before serving.
More Easy Lunch Recipes
- 1 pound grilled chicken tenders
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 cups chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced (and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- Grill chicken tenders according to recipe. Cook bacon as desired.
- In a large bowl, add romaine, tomatoes, onion, avocado and top with chicken and bacon.
- Serve salad with ranch dressing.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 487Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 145mgSodium: 817mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 6gSugar: 5gProtein: 42g
You’ll love the bold flavors in this Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Salad! Made with sugar free ranch, it’s a quick and easy low carb meal for any day of the week.