Grilled Chicken Tenders are the perfect easy meal starter! Seasoned with garlic, cumin, and paprika, this chicken is packed with protein and flavor. Dinner is off the grill and on the table in no time.
Why this Recipe is Best
Chicken is one of the easiest and most common proteins when living a gluten free and sugar free life. There is so much you can do with chicken.
This classic seasoning mix turns average chicken into exceptional chicken!
- Chicken tenders cook to golden brown perfection in no time.
- Make them on the outdoor grill or use your stove top grill pan.
- This chicken is delicious on its own or added to salads and lettuce wraps.
- This is a kid approved meal you’ll feel good about serving your family.
Chicken tenderloins. Use chicken pieces that are as equal in thickness as possible to ensure even cooking.
Olive oil. Brushing a light coating of oil over the chicken before grilling keeps it from sticking and makes it even more flavorful!
Lemon juice. You’ll squeeze a little fresh lemon juice over the chicken at the end of cook time. The acidity heightens the flavors of the chicken beautifully.
Tips and Tricks
- Combine all the spices in a bowl. Rub the blend over both sides of the chicken before grilling.
- Use a meat thermometer to check chicken for doneness. The interior temperature of the chicken should reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Store leftover grilled chicken tenders in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Serve with some of our chimichurri sauce for a delicious, tangy meal.
- Use our homemade italian seasoning to make these chicken tenders and serve on our chicken caprese salad!
Sauce ideas: The whole family loves grilled chicken tenderloins topped with no-sugar added barbecue sauce! This low carb ranch dressing tastes delicious on this chicken too.
Salads: Cut the chicken into small pieces and toss into this Greek Salad for a light dinner or healthy lunch.
With so many ways to serve these chicken tenders, you’ll find yourself making them anytime you need a fast and healthy meal.
You can cook chicken breasts or thighs with this recipe. However, you will need to adjust the grilling time depending on the thickness of the meat. (And you won’t have chicken tenders, of course.)
The best way to tell when chicken is fully cooked is by using a meat thermometer. If you don’t have a meat thermometer, you can use a knife and fork to make a slice in the center of a tenderloin. When the inside is completely white with no pink remaining, and the juices run clear, the chicken is fully cooked. (I highly recommend using a meat thermometer for food safety!)
Start by brushing both sides of the tenderloins with olive oil. Rub them with spices and grill on high for about 4 minutes on each side.
Cooked chicken tenders can be stored in a freezer safe container and frozen for several months.
More Low Carb Recipes
- 2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Preheat grill to high (or cook on stovetop grill pan).
- In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Brush chicken tenders with oil. Rub generously with seasoning mix.
- Add chicken to grill and heat about 4 minutes per side, flipping once. Squeeze fresh lemon over hot chicken.
- Internal temperature of cooked chicken is 165 degrees F.
- Serve with no sugar bbq sauce or our homemade ranch dressing!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 306Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 129mgSodium: 326mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 48g
Grilled Chicken Tenders are the ideal quick and easy dinner! Brushed with spices and grilled to perfection, they’re a versatile meal the family will request over and over again.